Scientists wish mollusk-munching redear sunfish can re re re solve problem with pests in valleyвЂ™s water source that is main
Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009 | 2 a.m.
Dead quagga mussels are clustered on a stone at Lake Mead just last year. The mollusks discharge toxins that will move within the system.
- Understood aliases: Chinquapin, Shellcracker, Mason Bream, Tupelo Bream, Mongrel Bream, Yellow Bream, Stumpknocker, GI (Government Enhanced) Bream
- The basic dorsal coloration is olive with darker specks.
- Redear depend mostly on mollusks for food and donвЂ™t compete heavily with insect-eating seafood. Redear have actually extremely developed grinding teeth вЂ” or shell crackers вЂ” in their throats. One’s teeth crush snails, their fare of preference.
- Redear are typically based in the United that is southeast States but have already been introduced into a few states. Their normal range is from the Mississippi River basin in Indiana and Missouri south into the Gulf Coast.
- Redear sunfish can meet or exceed 10 ins in length and weigh over 4 pounds, making them sport fish that is popular.