The proposed legislation additionally subjects customer reporting agencies to exams by DFS as frequently as the Superintendent determines is essential, and forbids agencies through the after:
- Straight or indirectly using any scheme, artifice or device to defraud or mislead a customer.
- Participating in any unjust, misleading or predatory work or training toward any customer or misrepresent or omit any product information associated with the installation, assessment, or upkeep of a credit history for a customer based in New York State.
- Participating in any unjust, misleading, or abusive work or training in violation of area 1036 of this Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and customer Protection Act.
- Including information that is inaccurate any customer report associated with a customer situated in brand New York State.
- Refusing to talk to a certified agent of a customer based in brand brand brand New York State whom provides a written authorization finalized by the customer, provided the buyer credit agency that is reporting follow procedures fairly linked to verifying that the agent is actually authorized to do something with respect to the customer.
- Making any false declaration or make any omission of a product reality relating to any information or reports filed with a government agency or in experience of any research carried out because of the superintendent or another agency that is governmental.