Cozen within the News
Cozen OвЂ™Connor Adds Privacy, Tech, and Class Action Litigation Depth
- Cozen OвЂ™Connor included two significant lawyer teams in present days whoever niche techniques are extremely complementary to your work of CozenвЂ™s State Attorneys General Practice.
- Nine solicitors joined up with the company from boutique company Baer Crossey, bringing deep and broad expertise in the regions of technology legislation and information privacy compliance. The inbound solicitorsвЂ™ client portfolio embraces a spectrum that is wide of from home names to startups such as for instance wearable technology company Kinetic.
- A team of five class action litigators, led by Philadelphia-based Meredith Slawe and Michael McTigue, bring substantial expertise in litigating customer security dilemmas and health health health supplement the AG PracticeвЂ™s currently formidable existence in this room.
- вЂњThere is a parallel involving the customer security problems that their state solicitors basic [practice] is dedicated to, together with topic regarding the course actions we protect,вЂќ Slawe said. вЂњPrivacy is really a big problem, mostly during the state as well as the federal degree, such as the collection and make use of of information, such as for example credit rating dilemmas in addition to collection and retention of customer data.вЂќ
Solicitors General Help Constituents facing challenges that are COVID-19-Related
- Alabama AG Steve Marshall warned home that is nursing that are Medicaid recipients and their own families about efforts by nursing facilities to seize their stimulus checks, that are not вЂњresourcesвЂќ under federal advantages programs and may never be finalized up to the facilities. As formerly reported, the Federal Trade Commission (вЂњFTCвЂќ) recently issued a comparable alert.
- Massachusetts AG Maura Healey announced improved resources to better facilitate reporting of workplace security issues towards the AGвЂ™s workplace due to the fact state implements its phased reopening.